Thursday, June 6, 2013

Still learning... 2nd Attempt at Scratch

Sometime ago, in a course for my Masters, I had an assignment to create an animation.  Two programs were recommended; those being Scratch from MIT and Stykz.  I attempted both and found them difficult to use and felt that I didn't have the time I needed to learn them.  So I set off on a task to find another animation tool that was Web 2.0 friendly.  I made the animation and completed the assignment and never looked back.  Until recently...

The curriculum director came to me a few weeks ago and asked if I was interested in taking a two workshop on Scratch and whether I would teach a game design class for the coming school year.  Not being one to turn something like this down I jumped at the chance!  We will see where this journey takes me.

I attended the workshop over the last two days and this is my attempt to embed a finished product that I created during the training.  I hope to find additional ways to share the animations and games that are produced.

Link to the Scratch project  click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment